Re: [Orgmode] Re: request: face for „...“ a t collapsed sections

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: request: face for „...“ a t collapsed sections
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 06:13:50 +0200

On Aug 26, 2007, at 23:14, Daniel Clemente wrote:

Hi,

I have this in my emacs:

,----
| ;;; Making fold markers ("...")  more visible
|
| (defface selective-display
|   '((default :background "lightgrey")
|     (((supports :underline "red")) :underline "red"))
|   "Face used for fold markers like ...")
|
| (unless standard-display-table
|   (setq standard-display-table (make-display-table)))
|
| (set-display-table-slot standard-display-table 'selective-display
|                         (vconcat (mapcar
|                                   (lambda (c)
|                                     (make-glyph-code c
'selective-display))
|                                   "...")))
`----

Ah, this is how to change the font!  Thanks!

   Wow, that seems a very low-level solution, but it works. I think it
would be better if org-mode would set the „..." directly with another
face.

The difference is that this hack works globally, not only in
org-mode.  So if you use outline-minor-mode, for example,
it will also work there.

Org-mode can modify the ellipsis (currently only with a different
string, not with a different face) using the variable `org-ellipsis'.
However, I do recommend using Tassilo's global solution over an
org-mode specific one.

- Carsten