Re: [Orgmode] Insert File Template in correct tree

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Insert File Template in correct tree
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:26:58 +0200

You can do all this with remember templates, they allow interactive
prompts, and you can specify a file and a topic where to insert the
new entry.

- Carsten

On Sep 2, 2007, at 19:10, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

Hi,

I am not sure, if it is the right group, but the org-related
should fit well :-)

I would like to use org-mode to handle my simulation
activities from dired.
The scenario would be like this:
Pressing some kind of keybinding in dired 'emacs' asks for
certain settings of the simulation, e.g. Topic, Solver and a
short description. Using this information a new level 2
entry is done in 'object.org', which already looks like:

;-- 'object.org':
----------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------
* Topic 1
** <Date1> Solver <Short Description1>
*** <entry 1>
        blabla
**** <entry 2>
        blabla
*** <entry 3>
        blabla
        blabla

** <Date2> Solver <Short Description2>
*** <entry 1>
        blabla
**** <entry 2>
        blabla
*** <entry 3>
        blabla
        blabla

* Topic 2
** <Date1> Solver <Short Description1>
*** <entry 1>
        blabla
**** <entry 2>
        blabla
*** <entry 3>
        blabla
        blabla

** <Date2> Solver <Short Description2>
*** <entry 1>
        blabla
**** <entry 2>
        blabla
*** <entry 3>
        blabla
        blabla
;---------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------

Now depending on the answer for 'topic' and 'solver' I would
like to create a new second level entry automatically with
the additional 'template_structure'. The biggest problem
would be to insert the entry in the right place, i.e.
simulations with topic 1 should be appended to the topic 1
tree.  Inserting the 'template_structure' I was thinking
about some kind of 'texletter.el' approach, which looks
fairly easy to do...

The entrystructure is saved in a template file
'template_structure' and woul look like:

;-'template_structure':
----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
*** <entry 1>
        blabla
**** <entry 2>
        blabla
*** <entry 3>
        blabla
        blabla

It would be nice, if someone has an idea, how to do that;
especially with appending it in the right place!?

Regards!
Fabian