Re: [Orgmode] possible misfeature regarding multiple #+ARCHIVE lines in

From: Brian van den Broek
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] possible misfeature regarding multiple #+ARCHIVE lines in a file
Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2007 15:31:55 -0400

Carsten Dominik said unto the world upon 09/03/2007 02:25 PM:
Hi Brian,

On Sep 3, 2007, at 19:43, Brian van den Broek wrote:

<snip>

The only way I can see to do it with #+ARCHIVE lines would be to have my teaching.org look like

* Heading setting ARCHIVE line for following tree
* Intro to Logic Fall20072008
* Heading setting ARCHIVE line for following tree
* Intro to Philosophy 20072008
etc.

That makes for ugly clutter, IMHO. (The problem is acute in my intended case, as each level 1 heading needs its own ARCHIVE line.)

I would say that this only requires a litte creative restructuring,
and to give up the idea that in teaching.org, courses must be level 1.

In teaching.org:

* Intro to Logic
#+ARCHIVE: archive settings for logic
** Fall200072008

* Intro to Philosophy
#+ARCHIVE: settings for philosophy
** FALL20072008

Hi Carsten,

Sure that would work, if only I could get past the tunnel vision induced by my first conception of how to structure things ;-)

Thanks for the discussion.

Best,

Brian vdB