Re: [Orgmode] org-read-date minibuffer bindings:

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-read-date minibuffer bindings:
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:21:28 +0200

On Sep 4, 2007, at 4:29, T. V. Raman wrote:

For all date/calendar related things, down-arrow moves forward,
up-arrow back --- except in the  keybindings set up for
org-time-stamp through org-shiftup and org-shiftdown

In some sense, the binding used there -- up-arrow increases
down-arrow decreases field under point makes local sense, but is
globally confusing.

You are right, I have been irritated by this as well, without
knowing why.  I modeled it after the typical number selection
item in widgets that usually have little arrow on the side that
you can click.

But now you are telling me the reason of my confusion:  In the
calenda and in the agenda, down means later.

I am hesitant to change the default for this (would to after
massive voting), but there will be an option
`org-edit-timestamp-down-means-later' in the next version.

Thanks!

- Carsten