Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: log on state change
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:43:58 +0200

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> Using tags to setup todo looks unclean to me. However it is very nice to
> be able to set up todo using an interface similar to tags.
>
> And since the argument to org-todo has become completely useless because
> of this feature. I propose the following:
>
>     C-c C-t (`org-todo') brings up an interface similar to the one for
>     org-set-tags but only for todos (C-c C-c only for tags)

I wish we could stick to the yes-very-busy C-c C-c key for setting both
TODOs and tags.

Here is another suggestion: why not restrict the fast selection to TODO
keywords when the point is at TODO keywords, and to tags when the point
is on tags?

This would make C-c C-c even more context-aware, but I guess this is
what most users expect from it. And since the current behavior is okay,
I guess this new contextual behavior should be set through an option,
defaulting to nil.

Another argument to let C-c C-t continue its job is that it is able to
distinguish between "sequence" TODOs and "type" TODOs. This is extremely
useful -- especially when C-c C-t is bound to `org-agenda-todo' and you
don't remember whether the expected TODO keywords for a headline are
part of a sequence or are types.

Regards,

--
Bastien