Re: [Orgmode] org priority cycling - removing priorities

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org priority cycling - removing priorities
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 10:04:23 +0200

On Sep 6, 2007, at 15:37, Rick Moynihan wrote:

Every now and then I find myself mispressing SHIFT-up/SHIFT-down on an outline and assigning a priority to it. This then often leads me to navigating the point to the priority to delete it manually.

It would be great if SHIFT-up/SHIFT-down would cycle through:

[#A]
[#B]
[#C]
_ - blank (i.e. no priority).

This way I could easily undo the operation with the same keys. Is there any good reason not to have this behaviour?

Don't know how good this reason is, but here it is:

The default priority is #B. If you press S-up on an entry without priority, it will switch immediately to #A. Similarly, S-down will go immediately to #C.

If I were to include the empty state in the cycling, S-up would go

#A -> nil #A -> nil

But as I said, this may not be good enough a reason. Open for discussion.

- Carsten