[Orgmode] Re: Gnus links very slow to open

From: Dan Griswold
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Gnus links very slow to open
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2007 17:26:29 -0400

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I wonder if anyone who stores Gnus links in org find that opening links
> is extremely slow as it calls `gnus' every time.

Are you using org-nnml.el? I find that this works quite well. In fact,
without it I would find gnus links unusable, because I use many nnml
folders in Gnus. With org-nnml, a link to your message looks like
this:

[[gnus:nntp%2Bnews.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.orgmode#3117][Email from Leo:
Gnus links very slow to open]]

and executing that link from an org file is fast.

Or perhaps you don't have Gnus open most all the time, as I do. If
org-mode has to start gnus because it hasn't been started yet, then
this is hardly a problem with org-mode.

Perhaps a more complete description of your situation is needed.

--
Dan Griswold