[Orgmode] Re: Feature Request: org-agenda-set-category

From: Nuutti Kotivuori
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Feature Request: org-agenda-set-category
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 17:21:27 +0300

Carsten Dominik wrote:
> On Sep 6, 2007, at 7:34, Bastien wrote:
>> "T. V. Raman" <address@hidden> writes:
>>> Could we perhaps introduce a special property that is used by
>>> org-agenda to build the left column?
>>
>> What about:
>>
>> :PROPERTIES:
>> :CATEGORY: general
>> :ARCHIVE: archives::
>> :END:
>>
>> as a future replacement for #+CATEGORY and #+ARCHIVE?
>
> I think this is exactly how it should be - I am only
> hesitating because many people have come to rely on the other
> behavior.

If this would mean that the category setting like this is for only
that subtree, instead of every entry after that category setting, I
support this feature immensely (same for archive ofcourse).

I can not use categories at all at the moment, since for most entries
I just have a "default" category which will do, but some things should
get a special category - and I hate littering #+CATEGORY lines under
entries which clearly should not have them, like:

#+CATEGORY: Common

* TODO Item 1
* Job tasks
#+CATEGORY: Job