Re: [Orgmode] Clocktable from multiple files?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Clocktable from multiple files?
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 21:26:30 +0200

On Sep 13, 2007, at 16:01, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:
Here are some things that any future org-clock.el or similar ought to
be able to handle:

1. Including CLOCK entries from all org-agenda-files in its summaries

This one is really needed, yes.  Will add this soon.

2. Including CLOCK entries from archive files associated with files used
   to construct its summaries.  Right now I can't archive completed
   projects because of the need to include them and their tasks in
   monthly reports, for example.

I am not so sure about this.  The whole idea about archiving is that
this project should no longer be used in all the list compilation by
org-mode.  So my feeling would be that you should keep that tree in
your work file until you no longer need it.  Also, with some files
having multiple archive files, this gets messy.

3. Conversely, limiting summaries to only a subtree (having a clock
   table per project, for example).  I don't need this right now, but
someone consulting or freelancing for several clients probably would.

Indeed, also very useful.  This will happen.

- Carsten