Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-registry.el v0.1 - a registry for Org links

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-registry.el v0.1 - a registry for Org links
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 11:05:53 +0200

Cezar <address@hidden> writes:

> Bastien <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> | Let's say that you are in the Gnus summary buffer. You suddenly
>> | realize that you are on an article or an e-mail that is very likely
>> | to be somewhere in your `org-agenda-files'. Well.. actually you
>> | *know* it's there but can't find it back. How to deal with that?
>
> I fail to understand that :D

Ahem. Was late at night :) Let me give it another try.

Org files are full of links inserted with `org-store-link'. This links
point to e-mail, webpages, files, dirs, info pages, man pages, etc.
Actually, they come from potentially *everywhere* since Org lets you
define your own storing/following functions.

So, what if you are on a e-mail, webpage or whatever and want to know if
this buffer has already been linked to somewhere in your agenda files?

Then org-registry-show will tell you where this location has been
linked.

Hope this is clearer like this, I have updated the commentary in the
source code.

> Maybe give an example of how would this be useful.

I've no time for this right now but I will in the future. One particular
case where that would be useful is when you want to check whether a link
lives in *several* agenda files and want to see all of them.

Regards,

--
Bastien