Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode to PDA export

From: Ian Barton
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode to PDA export
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:18:17 +0100

>   Is there any trick we can use to sync em both ways ?
>   Some ideas that come to mind are : email and chop the email or some
>   kind of web service that can sit on the laptop (web server).

I have an E61 (Symbian). I have given up any sort of automatic syncing.
However, I have a cron job that publishes my org files to html on my
local web server, so I can easily refer to it.

For longer trips away, I take my laptop and/or email my org file to my
phone. If I don't have access to a computer I find it easier to just
treat the org file as a reference and not try and edit it.

The third method I quite often use is to ssh into my server and edit
using emacs in a terminal. I usually carry a USB stick with things like
Putty, so if I can borrow someone else's computer I can still edit the
file on my server.

Does anyone know if it's possible to install emacs on a usb stick in a
way that it's possible to just plug into almost any Windows computer and
run  it?

Ian.