Re: [Orgmode] GTD: Solving the bottleneck of converting incoming mails t

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] GTD: Solving the bottleneck of converting incoming mails to NEXT actions
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:44:30 +0200

"Georg C. F. Greve" <address@hidden> writes:

>  b> Then you have to make sure there is a headline containing "Emails"
>  b> in your `org-default-notes-file' or in the file the template is
>  b> pointing to.
>
> What would happen if there were no such headline? Would it be created?

AFAIK no, the entry will just be appended to the file.

>  b> I don't understand the first "Email" here.  The third argument
>  b> should be a filename, as specified in org-remember-templates
>
> Yes, it is a filename.

I guess you'd better use complete filenames "~/Tools/Org/Email". BTW,
the file were remember notes are stored should be an Org file, so it
makes sense to name it "~/Tools/Org/Email.org".

> I tried that.
>
> When typing "C-c C-c" it asks for a filename to save into (instead of
> saving into the default, as the menu claims) and when trying to
> specify the existing file, I get

org-remember-apply-template make `org-remember-default-headline' and
`org-default-notes-file' buffer-local -- so you might need to restart
your config access the new value for these variables.

> ## Filing location: Select interactively, default, or last used:
> ##     C-u C-c C-c  to select file and header location interactively.
> ##         C-c C-c  "~/.notes" -> "* "
> ## C-u C-u C-c C-c  "???" -> "* ???"
> ## To switch templates, use `M-x org-remember'.

This mean that "~/Tools/Org/Email" was not understood as the file
location for your remember file.

Please

1. append an ".org" extension to your file
2. restart your config
3. test and report again

> So it seems that remember/org is malfunctioning somehow.

Works nice here...

--
Bastien