[Orgmode] howto show all todo's linked with some buffer in agenda?

From: Jost Burkardt
Subject: [Orgmode] howto show all todo's linked with some buffer in agenda?
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 22:09:45 +0200

Hello everybody,

inspired by Bastiens great new org-registry.el and now triggered by
David's last post of his GTD setup (one big file with TODOs and
several files for publishing), I'd like to share some ideas with
you, which would make the best PIM I've ever used even better for me.

Having tried org-registry I see the following drawbacks

 - the file .org-registry, I've no idea about performance issues yet,
   but one of the main reasons for switching from planner-mode to
   org-mode last year, was org-mode's habit of generating the agenda
   dynamically

 - if I understand the code correctly, org-registry fit's the Links
   generated by org-store-link *exactly*, which seem to rigid for me,
   as I sometimes write by hand, which are only approximate

 - The output is spartanic, what I would love to have is a agenda
   overview with TODO-Items and maybe headlines, which are linked to
   the current file or bbdb-entry or mail,....

I think it would be great to have a function (think of
(org-calendar-goto-agenda) called from the calendar), which would give
a agenda with todo associated with the current
file/bbdb-entry/mail/directory,...

Having read once more through the org-manual (WHAM - even if I try to
follow this list closely, i was astonished by so many new features), I
think the most appropiate way would be an extension to the
tags/properties search.

What do you think, possible and/or interesting?

Jost

P.S. I'd love to help with coding, but when I got to
(org-make-tags-matcher) my brain collapsed.

        ,,,
       (o o)
Stolen from somebody on orgmode-Mailinglist