Re: [Orgmode] apparent bug in org-insert-link with active region

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] apparent bug in org-insert-link with active region
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2007 22:15:23 +0100

"William Henney" <address@hidden> writes:

> If I call org-insert-link with the region active, then the region
> content is instantly deleted while I am prompted for the link. This is
> rather disconcerting, but for most link types the region content
> magically reappears as the default value of the description.

Yes, maybe the region shouldn't be deleted before the link is actually
inserted.

> However, for "file:" links the default value of the description
> becomes the link itself, and the previous content of the region is
> lost (as far as I can see). Is this intended?

For me, the default value for the description is *always* the active
region, this one being a simple string or a file link. So I expect the
default value of the description itself being "the link itself", since
it equals the active region...  or did I miss something?

--
Bastien