Re: [Orgmode] search for property XYZ_ALL

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] search for property XYZ_ALL
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 20:09:09 +0200

Hi Fabian,

properties are currently *not* inherited, at least in general they are not. This would cause a large overhead in searching.

Having said that,  I do use inheritance for a couple of special
properties, so your expectation is not surprising.  Maybe I
should allow inheritance with a variable and then let
you decide yourself it is worth it....

Yes, interesting exercise, and not much work.

Look for the variable `org-use-property-inheritance' when 5.12
is released, and please report back.

- Carsten