Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 22:59:07 -0500

On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 10:35:33PM -0500, Eddward DeVilla wrote:
> On 10/8/07, Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:
> In projects, my sections are
>     - quick info --  a table with things like defect or request
> tracking info, start date, estimated time,  date testing begins and
> date actually completed.  I may have other simple cut and paste info
> there.  This stuff is slowly moving into the PROPERTIES drawer.
>     - status log -- a list with entries that begin with an inactive
> date and whatever interesting things happened on that day.  A diary of
> sorts.
>     - investigating -- a hierarchy of checkbox lists (I use plain list
> folding) of questions I need answers to.
>     - work -- a hierarchy of checkbox lists of things that actually
> need to be done.
>     - verification -- a hierarchy of checkbox lists of what needs to
> be done to verify that things got done right.  (Testing)
>
> I'm now at the point that I have several such projects in flight that
> can block one another.  One thing I think I'm eventually going to have
> to do is replace my checkbox lists to todo items lists.  Given that
> multiple todo sequences are supported, that is now reasonable.

I think the difference here is that I have settled into a routine of
grouping by logical type, not implementation order. This is why
dependencies appeal to me, because I can use them to order items
without disrupting the logical relationships.

As to Gantt, lets just dump trees into Graphviz!

Russell Adams                            address@hidden