[Orgmode] Re: Html export suggestion (use of <div>)

From: cezar
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Html export suggestion (use of <div>)
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 11:03:58 +0300

"William Henney" <address@hidden> writes:

> The trouble is, it is currently not possible to wrap a section in a
> ... @</div> and it produces incorrectly nested tags for the case when
> an org heading is mapped onto an html list item (e.g., <div
> the closing </div> is interpreted as being inside the section, rather
> than outside it.

I agree that this should be an option. Adding divs tou your html.
have <ul class="foo"> ... </ul>.

>> 2. You shouldn't use divs for presentation's sake. Why not make each
>> subsection a different class or sumthin.
>>

> How would that work without divs? The problem is (I think) that
> sometimes an org section is represented in html as a header plus
> following text:
>
> <h3>HEADER TEXT</h3>

This looks ok.

> whereas sometimes it is represented as a list item:

This is bad.

> So, in the first case one cannot apply a class to the whole section,
> since there is no enclosing HTML element. In the second place, you
> don't have that problem, but now it is impossible to apply a class to
> just the header.

I don't agree. You can apply whatever styling you like to the whole
section. Of course you cannot have different styles for different
sections unless you use classes.

> What would be nice would be if there was an option for (some) tags to
> be applied as classes in the exported html.

True.

Cheers,
Cezar