Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 09:39:14 -0500

On 10/9/07, Richard G Riley <address@hidden> wrote:
> I'm interested in this. Why would an Org file with permissions like 700
> be any more virus friendly than an .emacs with the same permissions? Een
> taking the windows case, a .emacs is executed each and every time, but
> the org file only when loaded and acted upon.

Perhaps it an over reaction on my part.  I know the occasional
org-file gets posted on this list.  I'd like to see org catch on and
see more info made available in org files.  I don't normally send my
.emacs file(s) to folks.  That's my custom setup.  (Though once in a
while someone does copy it.)

If org becomes popular enough that people pass data around in it, then
it could be more of an issue.  Especially since I think the triggers
would be in drawers which are all always hidden unless you go and
explicitly open each one.  So you have hidden code in a powerful
language.  It's not very hidden and I know it not likely that org's
format would catch on the way I'd like.

Anyhow, I'm not saying don't do it.  I just wanted to be sure it
wasn't overlooked.

Edd