Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 13:44:11 +0100

"Eddward DeVilla" <address@hidden> writes:

> It's hard to 'address' a todo item.

Not that hard: [[*Test%20headline]]

> Link's might be the best thing we have for that.

Exactly!  And what if the text of the link could also store the todo
state value of its target (when both relevant and accessible[1])?

> For me, linear ordering would not be enough and requiring the
> hierarchy to model the dependencies will require me to break up tasks
> that logically belong together.  It just might be that it's not time
> to address that though.

The trigger/blocker functions might not be "linear" - they could check
arbitrarily for any headline's property just by searching for the task
in the buffer.

Notes:
[1]  Their are plans for adding a TODO property to e-mail in Gnus, via
the Gnus registry.  Then storing a link from an e-mail from Gnus could
suggest its TODO property as a default TODO property in Org.

--
Bastien