Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically

From: Russell Adams
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 11:37:12 -0500

On Thu, Oct 11, 2007 at 04:53:42PM +0100, pete phillips wrote:
> org-mode is a superb PIM and list manager (in my view, probably about
> the best there is). Just because we have one incredible hammer, let's
> not start seeing everything else as a nail!
>
> Just a personal viewpoint of course.  :-)
>
> Pete

Actually, I'd be happy being able to link to TODO's and have their
states change. You're right that the complexity can quickly grow out
of hand trying to implement project management features, however you
must realize that a tool meant to maintain personal lists of items may
eventually grow to encompass larger projects.

I think the reason this discussion took off is that if an existing
project management tool worked the way we wanted it to, this would be
a moot discussion. As it is, it appears that none of the traditional
PM style tools integrate with Org use or provide similar
functionality. I know I've been frustrated trying to export Org data
to MS Project and keep them in sync.

Russell

Russell Adams                            address@hidden