Re: [Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatica

From: Eddward DeVilla
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: depending TODOs, scheduling following TODOs automatically
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 22:14:33 -0500

Well, I think I'm going to try something else to get the task
dependencies I'm after.  I'm using a BLOCKED tag now.  I'm thinking
I'll go with a BLOCKED property followed by the list of blockers.
I'll probably use links there, but I'll have to find a way to make
that less fragile with the dynamic portions of the heading.  I wasn't
looking for any automatic state changes myself, so that would pretty
much cover it.  I'll probably be able to make a dynamic block that
will generate a table with the tasks sorted parent first or sorted by
which task is blocking the most other tasks, if I care enough.

I can't say I have any plans to use triggers, but will they really
hurt anything?  I mean if it makes the code a mess then that wouldn't
be good.  But frankly, I have no need for the GTD 'find a stuck
project' stuff, and it hasn't been a problem for me.

Edd