Re: [Orgmode] Categories

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Categories
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 20:20:24 +0200

On Oct 12, 2007, at 19:20, Richard G Riley wrote:
I have a possible bug here (5.12). When embedding the CATEGORY as a
property e.g in my org file

Yes, logging state changes is broken in 5.12, *#$&*&#&$.

Fixed in 5.12c, thanks.

,----
|  '(org-agenda-custom-commands
|    (quote (
|          ("d" org-todo "DELEGATED" nil)
|            ("c" org-todo "DONE|DEFERRED|CANCELLED" nil)
|            ("w" org-todo "WAITING" nil)
|          ("W" agenda ""
`----

What an innovative way of totally misusing org-agenda-custom-commands.
`C-c a d' will indeed change a TODO state, something org-agenda-custom-commands
was not designed for (and which I do not recommend...)!

But "c" will not work, the symbol for creating a TODO list is
`alltodo', not `org-todo'.

- Carsten

I hit "C-c x d" to move to "DELEGATED", I get prompted for a note, but
the note is not stored as a sub item of the parent task anymore. In fact
I don't know where it is stored.