[Orgmode] Re: A Blorg/org based blog

From: Bastien
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: A Blorg/org based blog
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 22:30:59 +0100

Hi Rick,

Rick <address@hidden> writes:

> I don't find writing such things easy, so I'm happy to be using
> blorg/org/emacs which don't seem to interfere as much with the
> creative flow as logging into a wordpress/blogger account can.
>
> http://sourcesmouth.co.uk/blog/

Glad to see this!

> First impressions are that Blorg seems to work quite well, though it
> takes some setting up, and could be made more flexible

Sure.  I wrote blorg more than one year ago, and I made the mistake of
trying too add too many functions too early.

Since that time, Org changed a lot and introduced properties - blorg
should be able to take advantage of them somehow.  Also, some code I
wrote in org-export-latex.el could be of some help in parsing the Org
file to get it published as a blog.

My plan is to rewrite blorg nearly from scratch, trying not to rush on
functionnalities and adding them only if people need them.

> sometimes seems to be a little temperamental in publishing to html
> with links not rendering properly etc

The next version of blorg will use Org internals for rendering HTML.

The good thing of all this is that, no matter how far blorg1 will be
from blorg0, you can always work on your Org source without worrying
too much on this!  Source is source :)

Thanks for trying blorg, happy orging,

--
Bastien