Re: [Orgmode] Free `1' and `0' keys from the org-agenda interface ?

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Free `1' and `0' keys from the org-agenda interface ?
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:31:44 +0100

Bastien (address@hidden) wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'd like to have your opinion on this.
>
> I tend to use my `org-agenda-custom-commands' in a strict order.
> I first check for a first view, then check for a second view, etc.
> It would be nice to be able to use `1' for the first view -- but
> it's currently used to restrict the agenda view to the buffer.
>
> My suggestion for a possible replacement for the `1' and `0' keys
> would be this:
>
>  `<' : restrict to the buffer
> `<<' : restrict to the region or subtree
>
> Note: `<' could also be `@' since `C-c @' means select the current
> subtree.
>
> I think it's okay to have some kind of "incremental" restriction,
> but I'm not sure about this.  And I'd definitely like to have the
> [0-9] keys for my own agenda views :)

Wow, what can I say?  I think those two mails arrived with 30 seconds
of each other - great minds think alike ;-)

I'm only just starting to use custom commands; however, your comment
about typically invoking custom commands in a strict order doesn't
surprise me.  I might well find my usage habits following the same
trait.

I'm curious about your suggestion of '<<' though - does that imply the
sub-keymap functionality I asked for already exists?