Re: [Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: toggling timestamps active/inactive
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 17:46:15 +0100

Adam Spiers wrote:
This seems like a good idea. Another related one occurred to me today (if it's necessary) which is toggling between the two list indicators.

e.g.

- foo
- bar
  - baz |<-- Point

Calling the toggle-list-indicator function at the point will cause the list indicator to change from a - to a + (and vice versa).

Nice idea!  Or even between - and *** at the current level.  Maybe
that should cycle.  Or maybe there are already existing keybindings
which distinguish between new - and *** entries?  M-RET doesn't always
DWIM, personally.

Yes! This is another that issue that gets me, I often press M-RET expecting a list, but get an outline. Having a keybinding to quickly toggle between these sorts of things when they occur *might* be nice.

R.