[Orgmode] PocketMod for org-mode

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] PocketMod for org-mode
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 01:19:28 +0200

Hi all

With my increased use of org-mode I have also started using M-x
calendar and the diary. For a while I've been wanting to have a
printed version of my calendar for offline use. Also I quite like the
idea of the pocketMod. Now the calendar mode itself can generate some
quite fancy latex printouts that include your diary entries. So over
the weekend I tried to generate a calendar similar to the pocketMod
from the calendars you can create from within Emacs. The attached
script generates a pocketMod style pdf which contains the next four
weeks, the next three months and the current year on one page. It also
generates a hipsterPDA style printout which contains the same
calendars to be used in hipsterPDA style.

I guess the script is meant as a starting point. You could possibly
add an export of your most important TODOs or possibly other
stuff.

One thing that I'm not quite happy with is that the printouts are very
small and you almost need a magnifying glass to read them. Maybe some
experiments with the fonts and font sizes are in order. Also for some
reason the batch jobs do not seem to use the settings from ~/.emacs
(despite the -l ~/.emacs option). I need this to set the preamble in
the generated latex (e.g. for stuff like  (setq cal-tex-preamble-extra
"\\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}")).

So enjoy your printouts and send me feedback and enhancements :-)

Christian