Re: [Orgmode] Re: PocketMod for org-mode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: PocketMod for org-mode
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 16:00:16 +0100

Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:

>> &%%(org-diary :scheduled :timestamp :deadline)
>>
>> in my ~/.diary file.
>
> FYI : Putting that in my .diary file caused me to get an empty agenda.
>
> Can you explain to me how that line works? And Is the & supposed to be
> there?

I guess this should somehow appear in (info "(org)Weekly/Daily agenda")

See the docstring of `org-diary':

(org-diary &rest args)

Return diary information from org-files.
This function can be used in a "sexp" diary entry in the Emacs calendar.
It accesses org files and extracts information from those files to be
listed in the diary.  The function accepts arguments specifying what
items should be listed.  The following arguments are allowed:

   :timestamp    List the headlines of items containing a date stamp or
                 date range matching the selected date.  Deadlines will
                 also be listed, on the expiration day.

   :sexp         List entries resulting from diary-like sexps.

   :deadline     List any deadlines past due, or due within
                 `org-deadline-warning-days'.  The listing occurs only
                 in the diary for *today*, not at any other date.  If
                 an entry is marked DONE, it is no longer listed.

   :scheduled    List all items which are scheduled for the given date.
                 The diary for *today* also contains items which were
                 scheduled earlier and are not yet marked DONE.

   :todo         List all TODO items from the org-file.  This may be a
                 long list - so this is not turned on by default.
                 Like deadlines, these entries only show up in the
                 diary for *today*, not at any other date.

The call in the diary file should look like this:

   &%%(org-diary) ~/path/to/some/orgfile.org

Use a separate line for each org file to check.  Or, if you omit the file name,
all files listed in `org-agenda-files' will be checked automatically:

   &%%(org-diary)

If you don't give any arguments (as in the example above), the default
arguments (:deadline :scheduled :timestamp :sexp) are used.
So the example above may also be written as

   &%%(org-diary :deadline :timestamp :sexp :scheduled)

The function expects the lisp variables `entry' and `date' to be provided
by the caller, because this is how the calendar works.  Don't use this
function from a program - use `org-agenda-get-day-entries' instead.

--
Bastien