[Orgmode] problems with Agenda Buffer

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: [Orgmode] problems with Agenda Buffer
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:00:37 +0200

Hello everyone,

Org-mode version 5.13a
GNU Emacs 22.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2007-06-02 on RELEASE

I have a problem with the interaction of the "global" Agenda Buffer
(the one displayed with the "C-c a a " sequence) and some
variables defined in a file.
Here the file:

---------------------------g-file.org
#+SEQ_TODO: READ | DONE
#+LINK: acs http://pubs3.acs.org/acs/journals/toc.page?incoden=%s

** READ [[acs:ancham][Anal Chem]]
   DEADLINE: <2007-10-29 lun +2w>   f

I added the file to the Agenda files with C-c [

When I display the Agenda Buffer

+ If I toggle the READ state in the Agenda Buffer using "t" and I
  write the closing note:"Vol. 79, No. 20: October 15, 2007"
   in the file I have:
   - CLOSING NOTE [2007-10-22 lun 10:47] \\
     Vol. 79, No. 20: October 15, 2007
   (so far so good)

BUT the deadline remains the same: DEADLINE: <2007-10-29 lun +2w>   f
and does not change to:            DEADLINE: <2007-11-12 lun +2w>   f
as it should.

On the other hand:

+ If I toggle in the file    ("C-t" on the heading)
  deadlines are adjourned

+ If I display the timeline of the file (C-c a L),
   then I toggle the (READ|DONE) state of a repeating deadline
   the deadline is adjourned.

+ If I  keep the TODO|DONE keywords  (and do NOT change them
  to READ|DONE)
  and if, in the Agenda Buffer, I toggle the TODO with "t"
  the deadlines are adjourned.

I also found a minor issue:

When in the Agenda Buffer
- I cannot open the abbreviated link "acs:ancham" clicking on it.

This is quite obvious and I resolved not abbreviating any link
that will be displayed in the Agenda Buffer ;-)   ,
but I'd like to report it since I believe that it could be
related as well to the managing of local file variables in the
Agenda Buffer.

I don't know if there wolud be an easy and bullet proof
fix for such problems and I think I've just found satisfactory
workarounds to live with the present behaviour, however
if them were resolved my lazyness would be happy  ;-)

cheers, and thanks for reading,

Giovanni
--
Giovanni Ridolfi