[Orgmode] Re: Args out of range when creating TODOs

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Args out of range when creating TODOs
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 11:50:05 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bastien,

>> I didn't follow the org development for the last few weeks, so maybe
>> this is no bug but a misconfiguration by me.
>
> What version of Org are you using?
>
> I cannot reproduce your problem here with latest Org 5.13e.

Same here.

>> When I want to create a new TODO headline I do
>>
>>     *** C-c C-t
>
> I got an error only if I try to C-c C-t *immediatly* after the three
> asterisks, without the mandatory space.

Yeah, then I get

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "before first heading")
  signal(error ("before first heading"))
  error("before first heading")
  org-back-to-heading()
  byte-code(...)
  org-todo(nil)
  call-interactively(org-todo)

which is different and the error indicates what I'm doing wrong.

> But your error is different, am I right?

Yes.  I even get it with emacs -Q and only the two settings

(setq org-use-fast-todo-selection t
      org-todo-keywords '((sequence "TODO(t)" "STARTED(s)" "WAITING(w)"
                                    "|" "DONE(d)" "DEFERRED(f)"
"CANCELLED(c)")))

evaled.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
The  First Law  of  Thermodynamics  states that  energy  can neither  be
created nor destroyed... unless it meets Chuck Norris.