Re: [Orgmode] property constants in elisp formulas

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] property constants in elisp formulas
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 09:36:52 +0100

On  23Oct2007, at 5:06 PM, Eddward DeVilla wrote:
==========================

Also, in the above example, the property values were aligned for me.
In my previous example, that didn't happen.  It seems that the
alignment code does like underscores in names

===== sample ======
* top
  :PROPERTIES:
  :fives:    0  8  16
  :d_5: 0
  :fours:    2  18 58
  :END:

Fixed, thanks.

Lastly, since I'm whining, there's a bug in the formula editor that
I'm not sure if I've mentioned before. Edit the table below with C-c
'.  The '(@-I$2..$2) will become '(@-I$2..B&) which causes #ERRORs.

This is the same, @-I$2..$2 is the same as @-I$2..B&

The errors are caused by interpolations: you get something like

(car '2 18 58)

which is obvioulsly a bug. You need to enclose the properties in parenthesis,
or supply the parenthesis in the formula, so that interpolation will
lead to

(car '(2 18 58))

- Carsten