Re: [Orgmode] request re default year in date

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] request re default year in date
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 08:25:56 +0100

On  16Oct2007, at 5:37 PM, John Rakestraw wrote:

Hi --

[[resending because I sent earlier from different email address.]]

As I begin to schedule meetings and tasks for the next calendar year, I
find that the default year (if I say, for example, jan 7) is the
current calendar year. Of course, that's what the documentation says it
will be, but ....

I wonder if we could have at least an option for the default year to be
the next year if one is inserting a date that's already past for this
calendar year -- in my case, at least, if I'm now inserting the date jan
7 -- or even sep 30 -- it's much more likely that I'm wanting the date
from 2008 than from 2007.

I know that the 2008 date is only two keystrokes away -- i.e., I can
type "sep 30 8" at the prompt and get <2008-09-30 Tue> -- so I can live with it the way it is. Just looking to have the program think the way i
think, I guess ;)

Hi John,

excellent suggestion, this will be in 5.14, maybe even on by default.

- Carsten