Re: [Orgmode] inserting files within remember templates

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] inserting files within remember templates
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 14:39:07 +0000

Adam Spiers <address@hidden> writes:

> I suppose it depends on the relative merits of parsing the mail via
> the mutt helper (which is Perl in my case) vs. doing it with elisp.

In fact, I was not thinking of "parsing" the message.  I imagined that
the mutt helper would just tell where the message file is, then Emacs
would do the job of creating a link by visiting this file, storing all
relevant information into the properties of this link, those properties
being immediately reusable by a template.

> But then, when and how would emacs parse that plist as a
> replacement for the normal `org-store-link-props' invocation?

This is where a new org-message.el is required, so that you can create
links from a message-mode buffer then reuse this link and its properties
in a template.

But again, I don't know if this approach is more efficient/convenient.
It's just because I implemented new link types recently so my mind is a
bit (too much?) into it.

Best,

--
Bastien