Re: [Orgmode] property searches for #+CATEGORY

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] property searches for #+CATEGORY
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 04:55:00 +0000

> However, I do think that Adam's initial request to make the
> category available as a special property for queries in not
> unreasonble.  Or does anyone disagree?

I'm convinced it's not unreasonable :)

> I am not sure, though, if the #+CATEGORY category should be
> available with `org-entry-get', because it would then be very
> hard for the property API to make a difference between a value
> that is intimately associated with the current entry, and a
> value that might be derived by some other mechanism.  So here I
> differ somewhat from Adam's feeling that category is just like
> TODO or a tag.  It is different.

Then a search like CATEGORY="cat" would also return entries which
CATEGORY property is not "cat"... ok, maybe this doesn't hurt that
much for search purposes.  But I expect someone will come in three
month complaining that `org-entry-get' didn't return the category,
even though he set it up through #+CATEGORY.

Anyway, not *that* important, as Adam said earlier... let's try.

--
Bastien