[Orgmode] Re: Multi-line Diary Entry

From: Christian Egli
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Multi-line Diary Entry
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 15:24:36 +0000 (UTC)

Hi

Wanrong Lin <wanrong.lin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> It seems there is a bug in dealing with multi-line diary entries in
> org-agenda. For example, I have a diary entry like this:
>
> %%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm End of Day:
>                                       - Review tomorrow's task.
>                                       - Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook
>                                       - Check weather forecast
>
> When diary entry is included in org agenda, the sub-lines are separated
> from the main line, something like this:
>
> Thursday   8 November 2007
>   Diary:      17:25...... End of Day:
>   WorkEnv:    Scheduled:  TODO Fill in timesheet
>   Diary:      - Review tomorrow's task.
>   Diary:      - Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook
>   Diary:      - Check weather forecast

The function org-get-entries-from-diary just does a (org-split-string entries
"\n") on the contents it gets from the fancy calendar display. So of course
you'll get them as separate entries and then sorted (probably according to
category).

I presume you'd like the lines to stay together?

As a workaround you could just put three separate tasks in your diary i.e.

%%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm Review tomorrow's task)
%%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm Check tomorrow's schedule in Outlook)
%%(diary-cyclic 1 11 7 2007) 5:25pm Check weather forecast)

HTH
Christian