Re: [Orgmode] Emphasis and bold in quotation

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Emphasis and bold in quotation
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 08:15:28 +0100

On  7Nov2007, at 6:12 PM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

Hi,
   consider this test of quotation styles:

"ASCII double", 'ASCII simple',
"English" «French» „German" 「Japanese」

   Now make each word bold (but not the quotation signs):

"*ASCII double*", '*ASCII simple*',
"*English*" «*French*» „*German*" 「*Japanese*」

   At exportation, the syntax marks of the second line aren't
translated. That's because only " and ' are listed at
org-emphasis-regexp-components as „pre" and „post" components.

   So: can org-emphasis-regexp-components expanded to include all
quotation marks and not just " and ' ? Maybe Emacs offers some
character class for that and then we don't have to write a list of
characters.

As Bastien already said, you can configure org-emphasis-regexp- components and add these yourself. If there was a character class for them, I would use it, but I don't think there is. The problem is that many of these characters are non-ascii and I am fearing the chaos when I try to insert a specific representation in org.el. That is bound to break on either XEmacs, or mule emacs or unicode emacs or uft-8 of whatever. So please just add these characters yourself, go through the customize interface in your own Emacs, that should take care of it.

- Carsten