Re: [Orgmode] Updating OrgMode

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Updating OrgMode
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 13:20:20 +0000

Hi Graham,

"Graham Smith" <address@hidden> writes:

> I am returning to emacs after a brief try out some time ago. As Org-mode
> is now part of the distribution I'm no longer too sure how to update
> it. Before I had a folder for Org-mode that my .emacs file pointed to
> and I just copied all the new files into that folder.

Welcome back to Emacs :)

Unless you're using Emacs CVS, it's likely that you want to download the
whole Org package every now and then, and make sure you are using org.el
that comes with it.

To get the latest Org distribution, I am using Pete's script (attached).
Please have a look at it; you certainly want to modify variables to make
it work in your environment.

To load the most recent org.el, always put it in the same location and
add this location to your load-path in ~/.emacs:

(add-to-list 'load-path "~/elisp/testing/org/")

Then doing a simple (require 'org-install) somewhere after this should
do the trick.  It will override any org.el that you might already have
in your .../emacs/lisp/ directory.

HTH,

--
Bastien