RE: [Orgmode] File specific exporting of tags

From: Egli Christian (KIRO 41)
Subject: RE: [Orgmode] File specific exporting of tags
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:31:03 +0100

Hi Daniel

Daniel Sindler wrote:
> On 11/19/2007 12:19 AM, Egli Christian (KIRO 41) wrote:
> > Can you try to adapt the relevant text in org.texi (in the
distribution
> > of org-mode) and produce a patch. This would certainly help a lot to
get
> > your "problem" fixed.

> I do appreciate that providing a patch is a better solution than
> providing information leading to the patch.  However, I provided the
> relevant section and valid option values in the hope that someone
> who knows better could derive a patch faster and more easily than I
> can.  As it was, I took time to determine experimentally, what the
> valid values were since, to me, reading Lisp is about as much fun as
> reading a good legal contract.

I appreciate the time you took to analyse the problem and propose a
solution. I was just hinting that producing a patch to the documentation
is very easy (in fact that is how I got into hacking on org-mode :-))
and will IMHO give the developers more time to focus on the code. The
documentation in org.texi is basically text with some markup and can be
adapted easily, so no lisp know-how required.

> > If you need any help on producing a patch let me know.

> Yes, I'd greatly appreciate help.

Bastien gave a better explanation than I could have ever done.

HTH
Chtistian