[Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: [Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 18:04:55 +0000

I've just discovered that you can restrict the agenda view to the current subtree, and I think I'm going to find this very useful!

Firstly is it possible to bind this to a simple key-chord though as I'm finding

C-a < < a

A little unwieldy.

Also, how about implementing another "follow" command, that does the opposite of following movements in the agenda view and displaying them in the file. i.e. When enabled it uses the org-goto interface to follow movements within the file and display the restricted agenda view in another window.

This could also be coupled with other queries defined in the agenda yet would narrow their focus to the currently browsed subtree.

I'm not sure if it's a crazy idea or not but I think it might be useful.

R.