Re: [Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree

From: Rick Moynihan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Restricting the agenda to the current subtree
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 10:52:27 +0000

Bastien wrote:
Hi Rick,

Rick Moynihan <address@hidden> writes:

Firstly is it possible to bind this to a simple key-chord though as I'm
finding

C-a < < a

A little unwieldy.

You can still press `C-c a 0' instead -- this keybinding is kept for
backward compatibility.

Also, how about implementing another "follow" command, that does the
opposite of following movements in the agenda view and displaying them
in the file.  i.e. When enabled it uses the org-goto interface to follow
movements within the file and display the restricted agenda view in
another window.

I'm not sure to understand.
Do you mean: while browsing an org file with org-goto, display the
current entry in an agenda view when available?

Yes, but an appropriately filtered agenda view to the current subtree.

Maybe you could give a
try to `org-toc.el': when the "info mode" is on and you are browsing the
table of contents, it displays any timestamp the entry may have (which I
find more "light" than building agenda views successively...)

Thanks for this, when I find the time I'll take a look at it.

R.