Re: [Orgmode] Latex Export

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Latex Export
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 12:40:02 +0000

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 07:21:26AM +0100, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote:
>> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 09:15:06PM -0600, Russell Adams wrote:
>> >
>> I think that the Latex-exporter is *not* suited for such complex task.
>> I also think that it shouldn't (K.I.S.S.).
>
> Actually, a basic TOC, sections, tables etc... I think it fits the
> bill. I'm moving into Latex because I kept doing an HTML export and
> moving that into Word so I could apply more formatting.
>
> If I can use an option to throw on a header/footer, or specify a
> separate document format, that'd do it.

Most of the LaTeX code you would insert in Org files will be exported
ok.  This LaTeX could be LaTeX fragments, or more complex commands.
Check `org-latex-entities' for a list of recognized commands.

If you want to insert several lines of LaTeX code, put them between
these markers:

#+BEGIN_LaTeX
#+END_LaTeX

If you want to insert a specific LaTeX header, just define the variable
`org-export-latex-header' locally in your Org file.  See the Org manual
at (info "(org)CSS support") for an example on setting a local variable
in Org, and replace `org-export-html-style' by `org-export-latex-header'
in this example.

If you want to use your own customized LaTeX class then define it in
`org-export-latex-classes' and add #+LaTeX_CLASS: myclass as a local
option in your Org file.

Combining all these should provide a nearly complete environment to
write in Org and have a good LaTeX output.  It won't catch all the
complexity and flexibility of LaTeX (or TeX) but I guess it will be
enough as a start !

Actually, we really *lack* a tutorial on the LaTeX export.

--
Bastien