Re: [Orgmode] org-refile hack to show headings

From: Max Mikhanosha
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-refile hack to show headings
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 01:40:35 -0500

At Thu, 29 Nov 2007 20:22:53 -0500,
John Rakestraw wrote:

> and then adapted/adopted by Carsten in org 5.14. However, I found it
> difficult sometimes to remember the particular heading to which I
> wanted to move the new item -- the auto-complete is helpful, but only
> if I can remember just how a heading starts. I have a simple (and

Glad you liked my setup. I can't help but recommend using
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles library.

In case you never heard of it, icicles is to TAB completion what TAB
completion is to typing things manually every time. In my setup (I
think this is a default too) TAB does the prefix completion (like
Emacs), but Shift-Tab matches the regexp.

So when refiling Emacs related entries all I have to do is type is
ema<S-TAB> and it completes it to "Using Org-mode in Emacs".

Regards,
  Max