Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with org-startup-folded?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug with org-startup-folded?
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 01:23:20 +0100

On 12/1/07, Wanrong Lin <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi, Carsten,
>
> Following my last email, I wonder whether you can consider doing one of
> these two things in org-mode:
>
> 1. org-agenda-to-appt does not explicitly open a buffer for every
> org-file in the org-agenda-files, or
> 2. org-agenda-to-appt will honor the global org-startup-folded option.
> It seems the buffers opened by org-agenda-to-appt does honor the folding
> settings in the "#STARTUP" per file option. So I think it is natural and
> consistent for org-agenda-to-appt to honor the global options too when
> opening org-mode files.
>
> Thank you for giving it a thought.

Thanks for your correct analysis, and sorry that this misbehavior has
cost you a lot of time.  org-agenda-to-appt calls
org-agenda-get-day-entries, and this function indeed loads the
buffers with folding turned of.  I wrote this function long ago, so I am
not sure exactly why that is.  I will follow up and fix this problem
in the next release.  Thanks for being persistant in tracking this down.

- Carsten