Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature Request - Active and inactive links.

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Feature Request - Active and inactive links.
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 22:30:40 +0100

Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:

> Tim O'Callaghan <tim.ocallaghan <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Yes. My idea was essentially, when i ask org to create an agenda
>> buffer, it knows to auto-pull and process each all of these
>> active links, so as to be able to display them in my Agenda.
>
> I still don't quite understand why you do not use existing infrastructure such
> as the include statement in diary files and the org-agenda-files variable
> which
> lets you define a list files to be included for agenda generation.

The include statement in the diary file is enough for inclusion of diary
files.  Adding files in org-agenda-files would be enough when we don't
need to have a certain file included depending on the content we're
processing.

I think the rationale behind Tim's idea is:

- make it possible to *dynamically* process a list of agenda files
  (instead of the static org-agenda-files)

- make it possible to fetch remote/shared resources so that you can
  *collaborate* over the network with Org files.

The horizon is to handle Org files in a more dynamic, modular,
distributed way © ...  But maybe Tim has better/simpler arguments.

--
Bastien