Re: [Orgmode] emacs on the N800

From: Daniel M German
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] emacs on the N800
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 02:23:23 -0800

 >> Unless Adam tells me that the physical keyboard is not as useful as he
 >> first thought (maybe for the reasons I mention here), I'll go for N810.

 Adam> Entering text by tapping can be very frustrating in certain
 Adam> situations, so I suspect I'd miss having the physical keyboard.  The
 Adam> selection of the small tap keyboard for stylus and the large finger
 Adam> keyboard seems to be quite hard to control - sometimes you get one,

Just press the key in the middle of the 4 arrow keys (I think it is
called the home key). When you are in a place where the virtual
keyboard can be used, this will display the full virtual
keyboard. Other than the fact that you don't see the full screen, I
find it very practical for typing text.

I often used it in conjunction with remember,and to type the odd
email. Way more useful than the iTouch keyboard.

 Adam> sometimes the other.  In normal text fields it's not too bad, but in
 Adam> the xterm app it's almost impossible to get a finger keyboard.

how are you trying to get it?

Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/
http://silvernegative.com/