Re: [Orgmode] Drawers

From: Adam Spiers
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Drawers
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:16:21 +0000

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 12:57:37AM +0100, Bastien wrote:
> Richard G Riley <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Is is possible to specify file specific drawers?
>
> Put this at the end of your .org file:
>
> # Local Variables:
> # org-drawers: '("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "MYDRAW")
> # End:
>
> This is a general Emacs mechanism for setting local variable: check it
> out here: (info "(emacs)Specifying File Variables")

I only just noticed that since 5.13 #+DRAWERS is available for
per-file customization - very nice.  However, I still had the above
syntax in my files, and it appears that quoting the list breaks a
number of things including export:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument sequencep quote)
  mapconcat(identity (quote ("HIDE" "STATE" "PROPERTIES" "CLOCK")) "\\|")
  org-cleaned-string-for-export(#("\n* [... snip ...]
  org-export-as-ascii(nil)
  call-interactively(org-export-as-ascii)
  org-export()
  call-interactively(org-export)

M-x set-variable also spots something is wrong if you include the quote:

set-variable: Value `(quote ("HIDE" "STATE" "PROPERTIES" "CLOCK"))' does not
match type repeat of org-drawers

In other words, if you wanted to use Local Variables rather than
#+DRAWERS (though I can't think why you would now that #+DRAWERS is
available), then presumably it should be:

  # Local Variables:
  # org-drawers: ("PROPERTIES" "CLOCK" "MYDRAW")
  # End:

However, even that doesn't work for me.  Oh well, I'm scrapping it
anyway in favour of #+DRAWERS.

On a related note, please could HIDE or HIDDEN be included in the
default org-drawers list?  Seems like a common enough use case to
justify being a default, and I can't imagine it annoying anyone who
doesn't need it.