Re: [Orgmode] New article on "Natural Project Planning with org-mode"

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] New article on "Natural Project Planning with org-mode"
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 07:07:25 +0100

Hi Charles,

thanks a lot for this useful writeup! I am linking to it from the tutorials page.

- Carsten

On Jan 6, 2008, at 1:22 AM, Charles Cave wrote:

Fellow org-moders....

I have written an article on implementng the Natural Project Planning
with org-mode.  This is a simplified project planning method
described by David Allen in his book "Getting Things Done".
I have discussed how to do Brainstorming using org-mode and some
idea prompting methods (Idea Quota, Six Questions and asking Why?)

The article URL is
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/Natural_Project_Planning.html

Naturally, I wrote it with org-mode and the source article is here:
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles57/GTD/Natural_Project_Planning.org

Feel free to send me comments, and especially spelling and typographic errors.

Table of Contents

   * Natural Project Planning and org-mode
   * The Natural Planning Model
   * Step 1. Purpose
   * Step 2. Envisioning A Successful outcome
         o The Power of Focus
         o Clarifying outcomes
   * Step 3. Brainstorming.
         o org-mode for brainstorming - idea generation
         o Setting quotas to generate ideas
         o Idea prompting
   * Step 4. Organising the ideas
   * Step 5. Next Actions
         o Activating TODO tasks
         o Adding your project file to the agenda file list
         o Setting a deadline and milestones
         o The PROJECT tag and your list of projects.
   * How much planning do you need?