Re: [Orgmode] Getting org-agenda-sorting-strategy to work

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Getting org-agenda-sorting-strategy to work
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 01:51:47 +0000

Hi Marks,

MarkS <address@hidden> writes:

> Emacs 21.4.1
> Org-mode 4.78

Before digging this issue further, I strongly suggest you upgrade your
Org-mode.  It's Org 5.18 now, and there has been many changes inbetween!

> I've followed the instructions to create my own agenda menus. Unfortunately,
> no
> matter what I do I can't get the program to sort by categories. Of course,
> maybe
> I'm not using categories right. What I have is the #+CATEGORY: mycat tag used
> throughout the file wherever I want to specify the category. The pertinent
> part
> of the elisp code I'm using is:
>
>   ("d" "Daily Agenda"
>    (
>     (agenda nil ((org-agenda-prefix-format "Daily2:" )
>     (org-agenda-sorting-strategy '(priority-down))  ) )
>     (tags "/DAILY|PENDING|TODO|COMP|HOME|ROAD"  ((org-agenda-sorting-strategy
>     '(category-down))  ) )
>   )

In latest Org, you can set `org-agenda-sorting-strategy' like this:

(sets org-agenda-sorting-strategy
  '((agenda time-up category-keep priority-down)
    (todo category-keep priority-down)
    (tags category-keep priority-down)))

meaning that agenda and the tags are sorted differently.  If your
sorting strategies are not too dependent of the agenda view, maybe
it's easier to set `org-agenda-sorting-strategy' globally, defining
different strategies for (agenda ...) and (tags ...)

HTH,

--
Bastien