[Orgmode] Re: Getting org-agenda-sorting-strategy to work

From: MarkS
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Getting org-agenda-sorting-strategy to work
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 06:12:35 +0000 (UTC)

Bastien <bzg <at> altern.org> writes:

> > However, when I view the agendas, the "g" switch on the agenda
> > calendar no longer collapses the menu. Is there a new setting to get
> > the "g" switch to work?  Setting the variable
> > "org-agenda-use-time-grid" manually works, but is not very
> > convenient. Is there a new setting to get the "g" to work?
>
> Try `G'.

Thanks!

> > It would be most ideal if there was a way to sort by keywords.
>
> What do you mean?

If there was a way to sort the view by the TODO keywords. I'm taking the
approach of having the TODO keyword set the GTD state of the entry, since (1)
The Todo word is right at the start of the line and not lost at the end and (2)
It seems easier to set the ToDo words than to set tags or properties. On a day
to day basis, that can make a big difference. Everything works great, but it
would be even better if it was possible to sort by the keywords, thus
automatically creating the next-action break-downs.

Thanks!
Mark