Re: [Orgmode] Re: patch: link to the log of an ERC session

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: patch: link to the log of an ERC session
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 17:52:26 +0100

On Jan 11, 2008, at 11:49 AM, Phil Jackson wrote:

Michael Olson <address@hidden> writes:

I get a lot of my information from ERC/bitlbee so wrote this patch to
allow for linking against the log associated with an ERC session.

It's interesting that you're linking to the log file.  I hadn't
thought of doing that before, but I like the idea.  Planner's ERC
integration causes a new conversation to that person to be launched
when clicking on its generated link.  I could see merits in each
approach.

As I just make a 'file://' link to the log there is no reason org
couldn't have an 'irc://' link too. Might be a little confusing for
users having two places in the same buffer where C-c l could collect
different links though :/

How about writing a little extension org-irc.el that extends the link
mechanism for both cases? I'd love to see more such extensions, and I
would be happy to distribute them with Org-mode, and to put them into
Emacs if the papers are in order.

In fact, I am thinking about putting more of the link stuff into
separate files, if I can find the time.

- Carsten