Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and heading levels

From: William Henney
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: HTML export and heading levels
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 09:02:45 -0600

Hi Bernt

On Jan 17, 2008 7:49 AM, Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> wrote:
> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I started playing with HTML export this week and since I'm lazy I don't
> > want to have to remember to export.  I created a few simple functions
> > that export my org file to HTML and copies the resulting HTML file to my
> > webserver when I save my org file using C-x C-s.
> >
> > This works great for sharing my ToDo list and other documents with other
> > people.
>
> And maybe this isn't such a great idea after all.  After I've saved my
> document and auto-exported I can't undo things anymore...  Time to look
> at org-publish...

I have been using org-publish a lot lately and it works pretty well.
One thing that you might want to consider is to publish to a directory
on your local disk and then use an external utility (e.g., your
script) to synchronize with the web server.

The problem I have found with directly setting :publishing-directory
to a remote machine in org-publish-project-alist is that when there
are several files the publishing process becomes very slow (several
minutes) and emacs completely locks up for that time :(

Perhaps Bastien has some advice on how this can be improved. I think
the problem is with tramp rather than org-mode. I currently work
around the problem by publishing to a local directory and then using
"make" and "rsync" to synchronize with the web server.

Cheers

Will

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia